- Chicken Cutlets - Cannot live without. I buy these by the lb, and every few days I grill a few up at a time, and dice them. I always have chicken cutlets available to either munch on or throw in a salad. Speaking of which.
- Spinach/Mixed Greens - I scour the supermarket sales periodicals, for who has these PRE-WASHED, PRE-BAGGED veggies on sale. I then go and buy at least 2 a week
- Egg whites - are the bane of my existence. However, I can't afford to constantly buy the container of egg whites, so enter my carton of eggs. I search the sales, again, and then I go buy at least 4 cartons a week. At any given moment, you can find me separating eggs for either a simple egg white omelet, my protein pancake, or any other countless recipe I find. I need my protein and I need it in a way that doesn't introduce a lot of calories, fat, or simple carbohydrates.
- Baby Carrots - for those days I want potato chips or a cookie, or both. Or simply to have something in my mouth.
- Cucumbers - to add bulk to my salad.
- Reduced Fat Shredded Cheese - for adding additional flavor to the above otherwise boring foods.
- Whey Protein Powder - I use Designer Whey. Low in calories and carbs, and high in protein. Depending on when I drink it, I decide whether to mix with water or reduced fat milk.
- Old Fashioned Oats - Great for when I need a complex, filling carb. A spoonful also goes good in my protein shake
- Natural Peanut Butter - awesome snack. High in protein.
- Fat Free Cottage Cheese - same as above. I use the pineapple flavored.
- Almonds - quick snack. High in protein.
- Frozen Veggies - easily microwaveable/steamable. Any leftovers can be tossed in a salad, or munched on as a snack.
Im striving to really ensure, that I ALWAYS have food on hand so that I wont have to make HARD choices. There are times, when I just can't get it together, but I won't beat myself up too hard, Im just trying to stay focused, and I know in the long run it will pay off. Been there, done that, so I know it's possible.
If you're reading this (Rosa), I hope some of my suggestions can be utilized to help make YOUR life a little easier. After awhile, it'll become second nature, and it'll be easier to make sure you are giving yourself a fair chance. And, for days, where things don't work out as planned, just try again tomorrow. Remember, results are always forthcoming.